Thursday 27 March 2008

1st time~ Back to my Homies

hey guys, alright.. this is my first time blogging and i'm not tat gud at blog layouts as well.. so jus gonna pick one of the default layouts. This is going to come as a shock to some, especially my cousins as i've always said that i will not ever blog. But ohh well, i take back wt i said.

Soo it's been a long time since u guys heard from me in uk.. well i've sorta been in the shadows n been quiet bout most of the things. Here in the uk, its very different compared to brunei where everything seems to be done for u. One major change would be the weather. It may seem to come as a blessing at first.. cold windy - a place where u wouldn't need air-con.. but the longer u stay here, the more u want the warmth. But don't u guys worry bout me in brunei, i'll make sure i wear thicker and more clothes.

I came to uk.. only knowing how to cook rice, butter fish n to fry an egg n all of these were not done to perfection. During my first few weeks here, i ended up learning how to microwave my food n this had been called 'cooking' for me. But i guess this definition has changed..
it turns out thanks to a helpful flatmate of mine, nigel who taught me how to cook and prepare the ingredients for cooking, i now can cook quite a handful of different types of food, may it range from spaghetti to curry chicken!

As u guys can see, its been a struggle in the uk (not only with the aspects of cooking, adapting to the weather which i already have but also the workload from imperial college which seems to be extremely demanding). However, this has been a wonderful n great experience for me as i've learnt how to handle situations better individually.

It's not till now tat i really appreciate what i had back in brunei. To mention only a few, my bro and sis to play around with, my mum to talk to when i had problems, my dad which i greatly miss, my aunts n uncles and last but not least all the cousins!
To all of u back home, wish u guys all the best n i will be back during June! =)

I will try to upload some of my photos onto this blog soon.

Chai

No comments:


hits